cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 481 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

I can confirm Adam101's finding. If someone sends me an e-mail where the sender put me in the BCC box but omitted to put anyone in the To box, I cannot reply to the sender.  This was not the case with the previous system.

Therefore,  BT has definitely introduced this bug very recently.

0 Ratings
Message 482 of 952

When you reply, you start typing stuff, then I think the auto-save kicks in, then the cursor and any text at that moment is 'shunted' to the top of the email. If left the top is o.k., but the text that was 'shunted up' is no longer in the reply. 

I've been trying to reply to the same email over last 3 days.   

0 Ratings
Message 483 of 952

Recently my emails seem to be being turned into gibberish

Apart from the formating issues mentioned elsewhere in recent weeks I've noticed that some emails, especially those that include previous messages are being sent with what looks like all of the 'source' data included such as:

.=C2=A0
=C2=A0

at every line throw

and this sort of thing at the start of the emailwith XXXXXXX added to disguise details

<XXXXXXXXXXXX b27d8d09_3f4164733677_sprut@XXXX.com>
Subject: Re: My Subject
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_172452_1946145304.1708695972972"
User-Agent: OWM Mail 3
X-SID: 121
X-Originating-IP: [86.183.189.236]

------=_Part_172452_1946145304.1708695972972
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

As you might imagine this is hardly the way I want my emails to be presented so any help or suggestions most welcome.

John

0 Ratings
Message 484 of 952

I agree with that assessment. I saw it for myself last night, when I was preparing a complicated email with several attachments.

I have a fast fibre connection, but that one took an appreciable time to auto-save - and I saw the cursor jump and the auto-save report at effectively the same time.

There is also a related problem with the font size selection. If you start typing a new email, at the top of the blank space provided, the system applies a 'default' font size, but doesn't explicitly tell you what size that default is.

If you continue to type in paragraphs, with a single CR separating each para., that font size is continued without change - the typical behaviour of a word-processor.

But if you jump from place to place in the text - specifically, but not limited to, the cursor jump we're discussing here - all bets are off. The stated font size is still 'default', but it's a different default. You can select the text affected, and apply a different size - but it's pure guesswork which one will be right. Most UIs, but not webmail or this message board, would show a checkmark alongside the font size selection drop-down list to indicate which size was currently selected.

0 Ratings
Message 485 of 952

Limited-time edit button for own contributions here, anyone?
0 Ratings
Message 486 of 952

Not sure what the question is, but the forum has a time limit of 1 hour to edit a post if that's what you are asking.

0 Ratings
Message 487 of 952

Re: Cursor jumping when composing email

I agree with this, it is so frustrating. Not sure if I am correct, but only seems to have started this week. I've had the 'update' for a few weeks now. You can't just leave the screen and come back and resume typing as the cursor is at the top.
Other grumbles - the amount of lines added with Signature turned on, despite there being no lines above my signature in the settings editor, so if I compose or reply, I have to delete lots of lines EVERY time.
Also, when I reply/compose the font isn't consistent. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to set email composition appearance preferences

0 Ratings
Message 488 of 952

The best BT has been is when it was BT/Yahoo, everything was amazing, searching for mail was unbelievable. It's been going downhill ever since. Definitely not a Premium service. 

0 Ratings
Message 489 of 952

@pk46 wrote:

The best BT has been is when it was BT/Yahoo, everything was amazing, searching for mail was unbelievable. It's been going downhill ever since. Definitely not a Premium service. 

Yeh wasn't it great when Yahoo was hacked not once but twice and 500 million email user names and passwords fell into the hands of hackers in the first breach and 3 billion usernames and passwords in the second breach and all ended up for sale on the Dark Web.

Message 490 of 952

BT/Yahoo had a very good interface. The solution to security problems was surely to improve the security. Instead BT wrote their own system which imitated the BT/Yahoo system but minus all the features BT couldn't use without infringing Yahoo copyright. The result was a very clunky interface compared to the previous BT/Yahoo interface. But we got used to it, because at least it worked, within its limitations.

0 Ratings