Message 782 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

@pk46 

That will be a first then!

0 Ratings
Message 783 of 952

@gg30340 

Well, for your 'definition' of constructive, possibly.

Anyway, it might be an idea for you to stop responding to my posts, because that would just be 'cluttering up the thread', nothing useful in them.

0 Ratings
Message 784 of 952

Hi guys,

Can we keep things friendly and on topic, please?

Many thanks 🙂

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 785 of 952

I've been moved over to the new system within the last few days and, apart from the login process, haven't noticed a big difference.

I tested it using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, I found that the login screen behaved slightly differently depending upon which one I was using at the time.

On both browsers, the login screen initially showed only the username field but once the username was entered, the login screen then re-appeared with both the username and password fields visible.

Using Microsoft Edge, the username autofill facility didn't work and the username had to be typed in (cache cleared and autofill set to on)

Using Google Chrome; At first login, autofill behaved as expected for the username field, the password field remained blank but automatically populated when I clicked into it, thereafter it acted completely as expected.

Message 786 of 952

@Les-Gibson 

That's all good, customers shouldn't have to change browsers to get it to function 100%.

What are the images looking like in the emails you are receiving?

Mine are blank.  

0 Ratings
Message 787 of 952

I can confirm the login behaviour works similarly in Firefox. 

As for embedded images, I'm not sure what pk46 means by 'blank'. if "Block all images" in Settings is enabled, I see a place holder instead of the actual image like this:

ShaunOM_0-1710666963026.png

A click on "Show Image" will reveal it. Interestingly the size of the place holder reflects the size of the image. A large
image will give a large place holder and, if it's quite big, it becomes noticeably blurry. I think I would prefer something more subtle here such as a standard sized icon simply indicating there's a missing image which would make it easier to skip past the place holders to concentrate on the text. But this is a debatable design decision which doesn't bother me too much.

What is bizarre and irritating is (when the Preview Pane is enabled) having to triple-click an e-mail to open it in its own window! I wonder if this is a bug or a deliberate design feature for some obscure reason. Surely a double-click should be sufficient. I've checked the behaviour of the previous interface using an address that hasn't yet been upgraded and can confirm a double-click works there as I would expect and am used to. It would be good to know if the development team are aware of this.

0 Ratings
Message 788 of 952

@ShaunOM 

I have found on Edge, Chrome and Firefox that if the preview pane is selected a double click is sufficient to open the email in a separate window. 

There is however a known issue is as per the moderators Webmail update report that double click does not always work and this is being "fixed" in a forthcoming update.

0 Ratings
Message 789 of 952

Thank you for the info gg30340

In that case it's very odd. On two Windows 10 PCs and an older Windows 7 PC, a double-click causes nothing to happen in Edge, Firefox or Chrome. For me, only a triple-click will open an e-mail in its own window. But it's comforting to know that BT are aware of it. 

0 Ratings
Message 790 of 952

@pk46wrote:

@Les-Gibson 

That's all good, customers shouldn't have to change browsers to get it to function 100%.

What are the images looking like in the emails you are receiving?

Mine are blank.  

Agreed, I'm just reporting my experience so far, I'm not trying to defend it.

I can open images OK in both browsers, it may be worth checking your security settings

0 Ratings