cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Blocked gmails auto forwarded

Go to solution

Suddenly my main btinternet email has started blocking, having accepted them for several years,  auto forwarded emails from my gmail account. I set up a secondary bt account and it will accept them.  Individually forwarded emails are accepted by my primary account. My gmail account keeps getting the following message when it attempts to auto forward. The response from the remote server was:

554 Message rejected for policy reasons (2.1.2.3) on 2023/07/04 20:18:34 BST

Having spoken to BT they have not come up with any reason or fix. All very frustrating. I have put my gmail account in safe senders and made sure it has not been blocked. After several resettings and the account saying 'success' it still blocks.

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Blocked gmails auto forwarded

Go to solution

Make sure that the gmail domain, not just the email address is not in your blocked senders list.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes double checked that and added *gmail.com to trusted!

Still none the wiser about:

'The response from the remote server was:

554 Message rejected for policy reasons (2.1.2.3) on 2023/07/04 11:44:18 BST'

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

No answer from BT but I have installed a work round. Set up new BT email and auto forwarded gmail to that. Then auto forward from new Bt to primary account. It works. However, cannot fathom why one BT account will steadfastly refuse auto forwarded gmail but all the others are happy to accept!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Instead of forwarding why not add your gmail account to your BTMail account in the settings and you can access the gmail account from within your BTMail account.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, will do. The present work round is working well. 

0 Ratings