cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Email account deleted when Premium email installed

Go to solution

Hi there hope someone can help!

I closed my BT account for landline and braodband as I was transferring to Virgin. There was a hiccup over this which was eventually resolved. I spoke to an advisor on the phone and purchased the Premium Email service - this was back in the middle of October. Initially the Premium features were not enabled but I could access emails via the web. After complaining several times, an advisor called me on 5 November and appeared to resolve the problem - Premium email was enabled from that date  and the 2 email addresses associated with the account were both transferred into the same place. However when I tried to access the emails the following day, I found that the account had been deleted - I now can't access emails in any way. The website says that my account has been deleted as there has been no activity for 150 days, even though I used it the day before! My initial complaint had been closed, so I reopened it on Sunday 6 November. To date I have heard nothing from BT. I did phone the customer service team on 12 November and was advised that it had already been escalated to the tier 2 team - they said that they would bring the proposed contact date forward - it had been set for 18 November apparently - howevr I have still had no contact and still have no access to email. This is now causing me severe problems. Please can someone advise what I should do to get this resolved. Thank!     

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Email account deleted when Premium email installed

Go to solution

Moving to a BT Premium Email account from a BT Broadband account is only a billing issue and should not have caused your email account to be closed or deleted.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @echolyn, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry that you've lost access to your email accounts. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution
Hi John Many thanks for your reply.
Probably just coincidence but I have now had a phone call from BT and my email has been reinstated!
So thank you for your help in one way or another!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Email being received but can't send

Go to solution

Hi there.

Many thanks for assisting with my previous problem - my account being deleted - which you helped sort.

My new problem is that I am now successfully receiving emails on all my devices  (iphone and pc) but can't send anything. This is the same on my pc with both Windows mail and Outlook. I am not in working offline mode in Outlook by the way.

If I access the webmail page, I can send emails from there.

I have checked the server settings on both devices, checked and rechecked the password (which is the same one as for logging on to receive emails) and yet no joy.

Any advice please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Re: Email being received but can't send

Go to solution

I have moved your post onto your original thread to keep things together.

It would appear that you have been given a BTMail basic account, which is only able to be used on a web browser.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Re: Email being received but can't send

Go to solution

Hi @echolyn

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your email.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

BT premium email ceased again!

Go to solution

Hi there

Sorry to post yet again but I thought my problem had been sorted.

Without going through everything in detail, ny BT premium email was reinstated thanks to help from this group last Saturday.

Imagine my surprise to find that today (Tuesday) it has been ceased again!!!!!

I am at the end of my tether here - this is second time I have had a complaint closed with the assurance that it has been sorted. Do you think  I have upset someone at BT?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Re: BT premium email ceased again!

Go to solution

Hi, @echolyn I'm really sorry about that, I can see my colleague @DanielS was helping you with this and I'll let him know the problem has reoccurred. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Re: BT premium email ceased again!

Go to solution

Good morning @echolyn,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you can't use email clients at present.

I have checked everything on your account this morning and there have been no changes since the problem with your Premium Mail account was fixed. I'm going to contact our developers to check at their side too.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings