cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Email error on using WebMail on Android??

Go to solution

I generally don't use email on my phone, but today, I had occasion to.

Just used a simple FireFox browser, went through the BT login screen, and kept getting the following error.

"sorry, something's gone wrong!"

https://www.bt.com/help/email/fix-a-problem/log-in-issues/email-error?btmCode=bmx_2002 

Anyone guide me on what has gone wrong and how to fix?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Email error on using WebMail on Android??

Go to solution

You should install BlueMail on your Android instead of using a browser. You know it makes sense.

Are you using the correct log on page  BTMail   and not the old one and have you cleared the old history and BT cookies from the browser?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution
If your Android phone is a Samsung, then it will have come with a built in email client. It's much more convenient to use that than trying to use webmail on a small phone screen. All you need to do is input your email address and password and the client will connect to the BT server and give you a convenient display of your email at a size that is easy to read on a phone screen. I use this all the time on my Samsung S21.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

This is the screen I am trying to log in using. I really don't want to add an email app on phone, especially if it will try and sync 100,000 emails LOL

Screenshot_20240417-154435.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

That would appear to be the correct page. Did you try clearing cookies?

Have you tried a different browser to see if it is a browser problem?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Add the email app before you go to bed and let it synch overnight. 

I would suggest it is time you weeded your email account. Would you keep 100,000 letters if email had never been invented!

Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

My Android is not Samsung so doesn't have a built in email client. Yes, I would keep 100,000lketters as my back room full of decades of papers would testify LOL

On trying again, I get this error:-

(I have also tried FireFox, Chrome, and DuckDuck go - all same, won't allow login. Rebooting phone makes no difference

Screenshot_20240417-155130.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Just get Blue Mail

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Like I keep saying, I don't want an email app on my phone. Or rather, I would if it didn't want to sync my full account. I simply want the ability to use WebMail to catch up on recent emails, and would like to know why BT is denying me access to do so...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

An Internet search regarding "Nightly" shows the following on the Mozilla web site.

"Nightly is an unstable testing and development platform. By default, Nightly sends data to Mozilla — and sometimes our partners — to help us handle problems and try ideas. Learn what is shared. Note: Firefox Nightly will update approximately once or twice a day".

and see this link

What is Firefox Nightly and should you be using it? | ZDNET

So it may be that the BT servers suspect that there is an unauthorised attempt to access your email account.