cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Email - words broken at end of line in body of text

Go to solution

Hi

I was moved onto the new BT Email yesterday.  Now the text of emails is broken at the end of each line leaving part of a word (maybe only one letter) with the rest of the word on the next line.  Does anyone know what I have to do to ensure that words are not split from one line to the next?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Email - words broken at end of line in body of text

Go to solution

@Sarah4 The moderators are aware of this problem and have reported it to the email team.  We all await a response.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Peter - Thanks for letting me know they're looking into it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@Sarah4 You could forward the mail to a Yahoo or Gmail account if you have one, they will display the mail properly. Or you could click the " Forward" button, read the original mail in the pop-up box where it might well be formatted properly, then discard it when you're finished. 

These are just workarounds rather than solutions though, and might not work on your equipment. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks, Peter.  I will do the 'forward then delete' work around.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@Sarah4 

At some point BT may get around to fixing the BTMail system but until then instead of the hassle of forwarding emails to another provider etc, you could use a free email client/app such as Thunderbird or Bluemail.

This is a stand along program that you use instead of using BTMail on a web browser (webmail) and as such you bypass the BTMail webmail issues that you are experiencing. 

If you set the email/app up as an IMAP account it will replicate all the folders that are on webmail and synchronise with with the BT servers so that your emails will still be available to view on the BTMail webmail should you need to use it again at some point.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you, I will look into that.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

If you do that, do you still keep your BT email?

I am having the same text issues.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Of course you do, it's just a different way of accessing it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

to keithp - I have just done this (using Thunderbird and selecting IMAP option) and it seems to be working fine (the delay in doing this was because it sounded rather complicated but with the help of Google it turned out to be very easy to do).