cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Emails not being sent

Go to solution

For the last two days I have been unable to send BT emails. They go to outbox then show there as "sending" and eventually "failed". 

I have deleted and re-installed my BT mail accounts but problem persists.

There is no problem receiving emails sent to me via BT.  I can send and receive emails using Gmail so there is no fault on my devices.

Anybody else having this problem or know the answer?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Emails not being sent

Go to solution

Are you either a BT broadband customer or paying for Premium Mail? If nether your account will have been downgraded to Basic Mail which can only be used with webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

BT broadband customer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

If your email is sending and receiving when using webmail there would appear to be nothing wrong with your email account. 

Which email client or app are you using?

Have you checked in your MyBT > Products > Email, manage to see what type of email account is listed. It should be "Standard".

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Try disconnecting your router for half an hour or so, that should give you a different IP address which might connect to a different mail server.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you. I have a Standard account with three active email addresses.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

OK. Will try that.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your interest in this matter.  I had to get BT involved in this. Apparently within the Mail settings the “rules” option was not enabled.  It was changed to Enabled and this solved the problem of not being able to send emails.

There was no apparent reason for this and BT could not work out why it happened.  I have never had any rules so the mystery remains.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your interest in this matter.  I had to get BT involved in this. Apparently within the Mail settings the “rules” option was not enabled.  It was changed to Enabled and this solved the problem of not being able to send emails.

There was no apparent reason for this and BT could not work out why it happened.  I have never had any rules so the mystery remains.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Tarnbrick wrote:

That makes no sense what so ever.  I suspect that whoever was "working" on your issue, that the email resolved its self while he/she was tinkering with it and not knowing what the problem was decided to use that one as the answer. 

Presumably if you deselect "rules" your account will stop working again! 

0 Ratings