cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Height of screen display

The new email format has severely reduced the number of emails I can see at one time. Even with no preview pane I can only see seven or eight. This is because there is a huge circular BT logo above the list with an empty space beside it, occupying about 40% of the height of my screen. Can I reduce its size?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Height of screen display

Further to this: if I bring up "Contacts" there is an alphabet on the right to help me find one. Anything after O is pushed off the bottom of the screen and there is no way to select it.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

What device and what browser are you using?

Might be worth trying different ones.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

I am using Google Chrome on a fairly old Dell laptop with a screen that is 768 pixels high, but the screen space used by the browser has not changed.
The problem is within the space the browser allocates to the web-page it is displaying.

Somehow I have now got the old layout back. I have taken a screenshot and I see that the old layout allows me to see 12 emails at about 39 pixels per email.

The heights are:

Old format

120 pixels -- Browser headers
84 pixels -- Banner, including small BT logo, Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, MyBT, Help
54 pixels -- Banner (My Account, Compose, Search, ... Change View)
474 pixels -- Email body

New format

120 pixels -- Browser headers
40 pixels -- Banner (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, MyBT, Help) options hard to read, in black on a dark background
243 pixels -- wasted space: large BT logo at left, rest blank
59 pixels -- Banner (My Account, Compose, Search, ... Change View)
306 pixels -- Email body

Patrick

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

What version of Chrome are you using. It needs to be version119.0.6045.105 and above.

See link

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Chrome is up to date
Version 122.0.6261.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

The reason for suggesting a different browser/device is that the large BT logo problem has not been reported before (at least not that I have noticed) and does not show on my PC (old HP W10, Firefox/Edge). Trying it on another configuration might give a clue as to whether it is a platform specific issue, or a configuration issue of your BT Email. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Sorry, but I am unable to answer the question about changing browser at the moment.

This is because, for reasons unknown to me, I am now seeing the old format again. The problem has therefore gone away for the time being.

Patrick

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Thanks for posting the update, to often threads just cease without any indication of what happened, a simple update as you have done can be of immense benefit to others who come to the thread in future.

Message 10 of 17

Thanks.

There is always the risk that the new format may reappear, so I can't yet say the problem has been resolved. For now all I have is a single screenshot, and I don't know how to share this.

Patrick

0 Ratings