cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

I can no longer type anything into my BT e-mail on my desktop computer

Having a few problems lately.   Trying to use my e-mail and everything works, except that I cannot type anything in!

Checked keyboard, all ok works on absolutely everything else on computer, and email on other devices works, it is just desktop.

Any suggestions please.

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: I can no longer type anything into my BT e-mail on my desktop computer

First , try clearing all your browser's history and cookies. If that does not work try restarting your computer, not just a "Shutdown" and starting but a "Restart".

If that does not help try turning off your BT Hub for about 15 mins then restart it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Sorry for delay, have resorted to using Outlook as this problem appears unfixable. Basically, having carried out all the suggested and other maintenance fixes, as soon as I select 'compose' it switches to the correct page, which immediately 'greys out' and I can go no further. Receiving main appears ok, but I then have to transfer to Outlook to respond causing alot of confusion, not least of all to me!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

When you click on "Compose" and the "new" email opens does it show a button 

4af2c546-e157-4725-bc4a-bbcda0f26544.png

 at the foot of the web page? 

If does and you click on the centre icon (the square within a square) does it open the "new" email in a new page?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

apologies for the delay, (due to illness unfortunately), and to answer your above query, yes, I get the compose box at the bottom and click the middle icon does bring me to a new compose page, but it still does not work, the icon to enter either a recipient or any text body, only blinks twice and then disappears, nothing can be input .   BT has been my e mail for as long as I can remember, certainly since dial up!! and would hate to have to switch now!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

To try and help fault find, have you tried a different browser?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Apologies again, tried 2 different browsers and it still will not work.  This is really getting frustrating now, several people have 'looked' at this on my desktop computer, and cannot understand why this is happening.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Just to rule out the problem being something on your computer, can/have you tried accessing your BTMail account on a friends computer to see if the problem is still there. 

If it is it would appear that there is a problem with your account. If the problem is not there it would appear to be something on your computer that is causing the problem.

Post back and if it is apparently a problem with your account I will get the moderators involved.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Will do when I get the chance.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

No, does not work on a few browsers on several computers, desktop and laptop.   Works on i pad though, that is an app.

0 Ratings