cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Messages from gmail not being received at btinternet.com / talk21.com

Go to solution

My s-in-law contacted me last night. She wasn't receiving emails in her @talk21.com email. She had used apps and the gui and could not see the emails.

After investigation we found that emails to @talk21 / @btinternet.com from

@waitrose.com (PlusNet - still working at the mo) arrived; @outlook.com/hotmail.com arrived; @talk21.com/ btinternet.com - arrived - but these may not go through any gateway - may be internal

However, emails from @gmail.com were not arriving.

I replicated the same issue on my gmail and btinternet.com addresses

MIME-Version: 1.0
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 21:07:45 +0100
Message-ID: <CAAPLiMCNkAa03CibP_mVSKg9_Duy=CGz4Dgh8ce=v8ksOtB_3g@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Test from gmail gui
To: YYYYYYY@btinternet.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0000000000007e7e3c05ff869a9d"

--0000000000007e7e3c05ff869a9d
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

--0000000000007e7e3c05ff869a9d
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"

<div dir="ltr"><br></div>

--0000000000007e7e3c05ff869a9d--

There are no bounce back errors from gmail, and nothing in spam/trash on btinternet.com gui.

It could be message not sent from gmail/discarded - but I would expect a bounce back message

Perhaps btinternet.com is not receiving / filtering gmail as spam?

EDIT: I've sent the same query to gmail as well

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Messages from gmail not being received at btinternet.com / talk21.com

Go to solution

She may have blocked the gmail domain. She should log onto her BTMail/ talk21 account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on her username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the gmail domain and select it. Click on "delete".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@gg30340Thanks for the good suggestion.

I also have the same issue as my s-in-law. I've just checked my blocked senders and @gmail.com is not visible.

I don't think my s-in-law woulf use the block sender functionality - not technically minded 😞

S-in-law sends from gmail to talk21.com. I send from gmail to btinternet.com

Is there a way to contact email support to see what happened with message with:

Message-ID: <CAAPLiMCNkAa03CibP_mVSKg9_Duy=CGz4Dgh8ce=v8ksOtB_3g@mail.gmail.com>

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

There was a previous report of gmail emails nor getting through so there may be a problem at BT's end so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@gg30340Much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@BarkingMadBarking welcome back to the community, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems receiving emails from Gmail addresses. I'm not aware of any known issues so it may be specific to your email account and I'll be happy to get our email experts to look at that for you. 

You'll receive a private message in a moment from me so you can reply with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

An update: BT called and said I'd blocked @gmail.com 

I had checked earlier and couldn't find it. Perhaps I spelt gmial differently? The btinternet.com email address is not my main email - and not widely known/used so I wasn't expecting emails from anyone with gmail.com domain. When I mark as spam and block, I would normally block the sender rather than the domain. I couldn't see a scenario why I would block a domain like gmail.com

My s-in-law uses her talk21 regularly and this is how she discovered she wasn't receiving emails from gmail.com - and the fault started in the last week. She also had gmail.com blocked.  We looked through her spam and couldn't find an email from gmail.com so we're not sure how gmail.com was added to the block sender list. 

It's a bit of a mystery.  We are receiving emails now.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

If you or your sister are blocking spam emails you are basically wasting your time. If you check the headers of the spam email you will find that the actual email address that the spam is sent from is not the email address that it purports to be from because the email address will have been spoofed to look like something else plus the spammers constantly change the sending email address.

If you check on the email drop down the "Mark as Spam" has two choices and it is very easy to select the "Mark as Spam and Block Domain" one rather than "Mark as Spam and Block Sender".

In any event at least it is now fixed.

0 Ratings