cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Password authentication not supported

Go to solution

Anyone any idea what causes this problem? I have changed my password but I’m still getting it and can’t access my email via Apple Mail, the BT email app or the web. 

IMG_1526.jpeg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Password authentication not supported

Go to solution

I suspect you have misconfigured your account to use encrypted password when authentication should be plain text as the the whole connection is encrypted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

But that doesn’t explain why the BT email app and the BT email webpage won’t let me login. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

have you checked to see if suggestion by @licquorice is correct and if so have you changed the server settings and tried logging in again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

So, despite having no warning emails of any type it looks like BT decided my BT ID password was compromised. In desperation I thought to change the password and then change my email password (the two are different) for the 4th time in 2 days it has started working again.

Why oh why can’t BT send a text or something to give you a heads up there is a problem and direct you to sort it out?

0 Ratings