Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Re: Block Sender

Go to solution

@ links to members

Hi,

Is is a bug on the new email system or is it now a fact that a user can only block either the sender or the domain on one email at a time even when all the spam emails  have been moved to the Spam folder.

email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=MX_3.0.9.8

I am told that the part of the address is the version of the email being used (This being the MX_3.0.9.8)

My spam emails are either manually or automatically directed to the Spam folder (no change there), being careful not to block domains of gmail, outlook etc.

I later will then forward a number of then to the government phishing web site. 

When using the old version of the webmail I was able to use the "more" option to select a group in order to carry out the blocking of either of the domain or the sender. Now with the new version I am only able to carry this out on one email at a time.

Is this a bug or a money saving retrograde step.

I have raised it as a "one way complaint" (one way as I do not get any feedback from BT

peejayess

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

I have moved you onto your own thread because the one you posted on was in relation to the "old" email system and not the "new" system.

If you want to delete or move multiple emails try the following.

If you hold down the shift key then tick the box to the left of the first email you want to delete/move  in the list of emails then scroll down using the scroll bar on the right hand side and tick the last email you want to delete/move then release the shift key. It will select all the emails in between. You can then click delete or drag and drop them into the Trash folder  or mark as Spam etc in the same way as the "old" system. 

You can not however at this time move them to spam and block the domain as per the old system.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply.
Regarding your comment "You can not however at this time move them to spam and block the domain as per the old system"

I can move them to Spam, however if I try to block more than a single email the option in the list under the "more" option is not available (it is faded out).

Do you know whether this function will be enabled in a future version.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I have no idea if it will be rectified but I would like to think that it will be at some point in a future update.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

My mail was switched to the new BT mail on Monday, two accounts moved other no doubt in pipeline.

I have same frustration no option to block senders email or domain.

I have oversight for my 84 years old mother on her emails and she does receive a higher level of targeted spam emails where I normally block senders. She is considered vulnerable both age, health and no very technically capable.

Not sure where this change to new BT Mail will sit with the DDA Disability Discrimination Act as seems to have disadvantaged a group of users not having this option to block spam senders.

I have reported these emails to the government spam site.

Hopefully BT are aware of this major short coming and are in the process of resolving. Wonder the testing this new mail went through and why this was not picked up.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I fail to see how the DDA has anything to do with this when it is an issue affecting every user not just a certain group plus as previously stated it will no doubt be fixed at some point.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Does this community actually feed anything up the tree to the BT email development team?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Of course, perhaps if you read the posts regarding mail problems you would see that it does.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Re DDA almost like saying everyone may attend the theatre and all are equally challenged by any steps, steep gradients does not negate the responsibility of the theatre to make reasonable adjustment so that for example wheelchair access.

I am able bodied and have over the years undertaken DDA training which gives a good understanding what is required on any new product release.

Will be interesting when the fraud monitors pick up the latest 'upgrade' to BT mail and if any increase attributable to a certain demographic. 

No need to reply time will be the judge.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Being not able to block spam is hardly  the same as being unable to climb steps!

Please keep us updated on how you get on with this.

0 Ratings