cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Cannot compose email in BT Mail

@RobbieMac 

My BT webmail account seems to have exactly the same issue as this thread back in Aug 2020. It started a few weeks ago but I have only just found this thread with help from my son.

When clicking on my Contacts tab I get the below error:

"An error occurred when loading the contacts list. Please try again later"

And when composing an email after the first 3 characters it tries to search the contacts and then errors - effectively making my webmail useless.

"An unexpected error has occurred"

I see that it seemed to have been fixed for the previous users based on your below comments - could you please help me work out how to get mine working. It is my primary email and mode of contact for family and my daughter who lives abroad.

Many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Mail Contacts: An error occurred when loading the contacts list. Please try again later.

@JohnC2 

I am also having exactly the same issue with the same error messages. It has been like this for about a month.

Have you managed to get any resolution? I have seen a similar forum post for the same issues back in 2020 marked as solved - but it is not clear what was actually done to fix it.

Solved: Lost contacts and error sending from webmail - Page 6 - BT Community

Many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I have moved your post onto your own thread rather than having it on a two year old thread that was marked as solved. This way if you get any replies they will be specific to your problem. It is also best not to post the same problem on multiple threads as it cause confusion regarding who the reply is for and duplication of replies.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Have you tried clearing the history and cookies from your web browser? If the browser offers the option make sure you clear it from "all time".

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yes have done the standard clearing history and cache etc.

I think it is account specific. I have 2 BT internet webmail addresses, one works completely fine, the other gives this error.

The one with the error gives the same error on Chrome, IE and Edge browsers so I think there may be some corruption on that account and the contacts list within it.

An error displays at any point where the webmail service tries to interact with a contact; when adding an address to a new email it tries to check my contacts and then displays an error, also when going directly into the contact tab. (When I load the contacts tab it initially displays a count of contacts but then very quickly that number drops to 0 and the error message appears).

I can send emails if I paste in a full  address into the "To" section but it still sends an error when I send, I think again because it is checking this email against my contact addresses but it does send.

But bottom line the contacts list is not accessible so a lot of email address are gone. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Venetianintown welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT email at the moment.

We can ask our email experts to take a look, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over the details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If your list of contacts is the same as the other BTMail accounts that you have, have you tried "Exporting" the list of contacts from one of them then "Importing" the list into the email account that has the problem?

EDIT: Post crossed with the moderator's post. Ignore my post and contact the moderator as suggested.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I cannot 'compose'  or write e mails either, I have my own thread, and have tried everything suggested but still does not work.   If this was solved on this thread, can someone please post the fix, once Mods switch to pm nothing more seems to get posted to help others, frustrating.

0 Ratings