cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Read Receipts

Since the upgrade every email that I send is requesting a read receipt from the person I have sent the email to.

I have NOT requested this.

How on earth do I stop this happening?   

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Read Receipts

When composing an email click on the "Options" at the right hand side and scroll to "Send Receipts" and ensure that the boxes are not ticked.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

That's just it - the box for the read receipt isn't ticked.  

But since the upgrade every receiver of every email that I send is now getting a pop up message saying that I have requested a read receipt.

But I have done no such thing!

It's absolutely ridiculous. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried clearing your browsers history and cookies?

If the boxes are not ticked there will be nothing any of the forum users can do to help so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @iqed

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the read receipt problem you're having.  Strange issue!  The community aren't going to be able to offer advice on this one I'm afraid.  We will need to check this out from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hello, I have the same difficulty with read receipts being requested from individuals I email. Yet the composed email is not ticked for these issues.

Regards,

B

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Brigid,

I'll take a look into this for you and see what we can do.

I'm going to send you a private message that you can reply back to my team through.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings