cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Selecting an alternative email address

Go to solution

When viewing the BT Email main page, top right is my default email address, together with a drop-down arrow. Very occasionally it also gives me the option to use an alternative email address. How can I ensure that this choice is always available? There is nothing in ‘Settings’ which facilitates this choice. I am using Windows 7 on a desktop computer. Thank you.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Selecting an alternative email address

Go to solution

Assuming that you are referring to BTMail email addresses that are yours and they have been set up via your BT Broadband account using your MyBT, If you log on to your MyBT and access your email from there, the drop down link will always be there.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply. I am still puzzled why I should have to re-sign in to make my alternative email selectable. It wasn't always that difficult. I remember that all accounts were available, at all times.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If you don't want to use the drop down method and assuming you have set up the "new" email account and it is in your MyBT as I previously stated, you can access it by logging onto your "main" email account and then clicking on the "new" account user name which will be showing in the left hand column below your "Folders" of your "main" email account. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I have no other email accounts showing at the end of the folder list in the left column. Although it should not be platform-dependent, I am using Windows 7.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Log onto your "Main" email account and then go to the settings found by clicking on your username at top right then click on "Mail" and click on "Accounts".  Click "Add" and follow the prompts. If you require the BT settings they are in the following link.

What are the settings for outgoing and incoming BT Email servers? | BT Help

Once set up this should place the "new" account user name in the left hand column. You can then switch between the email accounts by clicking on the username of the "new" email account and going back to your "main" account by clicking on "My Account" at the top of the left hand column.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Your instructions appear to be very clear.I found my way to Settings and Adding an account, but am stuck trying to find the protocol in use. I will try again tomorrow. Many thanks for your generous help. The main problem is solved, thanks to your help.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Use the IMAP protocol and it will synchronise with the email account as though you had logged into it in the "normal" way.  . ie anything you do when accessing the "new" email account through your "main" account will be replicated so that if  log into the "new" account it will be the exactly the same. 

See links

Differences between POP3 and IMAP - GeeksforGeeks

Email: What’s the Difference Between POP3, IMAP, and Exchange? (howtogeek.com)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks. I will try that method.

0 Ratings