cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Sent emails bouncing back

Go to solution

For the past three days every time I send an email through outlook on my PC  I receive this bounce back:

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-1-2) ID (613A8DE807598A71)

Sending the exact same message using my wife's email address goes through without a problem.

I have McAffee installed on my PC and it has not detected any issues.

Can someone at BT please look at this issue.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sent emails bouncing back

Go to solution

Hi @Steve_C, welcome back, and sorry you're having a problem with sending some emails.

When you resent the email did you try changing the Subject line in the email to see if it will send?
Have you noticed any pattern to the bounced back emails? ie do they all have attachments?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thanks for responding. I have just tried sending the same email again but completely changing the subject line. It has bounced back.

I have also tried sending the same email (with the same attachments) using my wife's BT email account and it sent without a problem, so it's not the content of the email.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Steve_C, thanks for trying that for me. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I'm having this problem constantly with BT email. It seems to affect a couple of Domains I message regularly and not others. I usually have attachments to the emails.

Lots of my contacts who use BTinternet are having the same problems and are having to resort to Googlemail etc to get emails through.

I receive the following notification (often days after I sent the original message):

<<We tried to deliver your message multiple times over a few days; however, the person's destination email provider has not been reachable or has not accepted this message. We have stopped trying to deliver this message. Please check with the person you are trying to send to that they can still receive emails at this address.

<<Your message was not delivered within 0 days and 0 hours.

Host XXXXXXXXs.co.uk is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:

{List of recipients} >>

This seems to be a nationwide issue and one BT needs to address - SOON!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Not sure if this is the thread to use but I have a similar sort of issue with the new BT Android App.

I often browse the internet over coffee and sometimes find websites of interest. I then send the link to myself which I usually pick up through BT Webmail on the PC using Cliqz or perhaps Firefox.

On my old phone where I accessed BT Mail using the phone's native mail app there was never a problem. However, on the new phone I use BT's Android App which generally is very good. However, every link email that I have sent to myself has been put in the Outbox and shows an error symbol. The message when interrogated reports "Could not send. RCPT To <me@btinternet.com> User Unknown. This rather seems to be into the error category of "The Computer, Him stupid!"

Your thoughts would be welcome.

The Outbox will not let me edit the email and (say) send it to another email address nor allow me to move it to a folder that is visible on both the app and webmail.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for everyone who has responded. A BT Moderator is looking into the issue for me.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Folks

There is a work around.

The mail that is sent and "captured" by the Outbox is also saved in the 'Sent' folder. For that folder one can move emails to other folders which are shared by the mobile app and webmail.

Not an elegant solution, but it is available right now.

Regards

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Pete,

Sorry, this is a different issue to mine. Best thing is to post it as anew message and a BT Moderator should pick it up. They were very helpful with my issue.

Good luck,

Steve

0 Ratings