cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Syncing on Huawei 19 Android phone

Go to solution

Hi; BT Mail stopped syncing on my Huawei phone during 1/7/23 while I was out and about. It had been OK that morning and I had not changed any settings since I set it up in Aug 2020. This has happened intermittently before then cleared, I thought it was down to a poor signal. However it is now failing to do so however strong the signal is e.g. at home. I can still send emails from the phone successfully and settings shows syncing as occurring automatically every 15 minutes. I have also tried syncing manually but no effect. All other functions on the phone seem to be fine and no problems with the email account on laptop.  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Syncing on Huawei 19 Android phone

Go to solution

It would appear to be a problem with your email app on your phone.

If it is the BTMail app I would suggest that you uninstall it and install a decent app such a Bluemail.

If it is not the BTMail app that you are using you could try uninstalling and reinstalling you app or before doing that install another email app and see if that works OK. If it does either keep using it or try the above.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks but it's a system default email app so I'm not sure whether a reinstall would be possible? Would it be worth simply deleting and reinstalling the email account?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If it's Huaweis own app, you should be able to download it from their app store but there are some pretty heavy international sanctions in place against Huawei so they could be at the root of your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Have you tried using a different email app.  You don't need to do anything with the one you are presently using if you just want to check if the app is the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
I haven't as yet but will try this in a couple of days when I've more time. I think I might have problems in removing the existing "system" app which was of course preloaded when I bought the device as new.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

For testing purposes just add a digit or two to your email address in the preloaded apps settings. That will stop it from trying to get emails from your account.

You do not need to remove the preloaded app. If you find a different app works just delete your account from it.

If a new app doesn't help and you want to keep using the preloaded app just remove the digits you added to your email address.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks - the existing account synced for the first time in days at about 16.00 yesterday while I on a train in the English Peak District with no wi-fi, so via 4G. However this one a one off with no obvious cause; no further emails came through on it that day but there were plenty when I checked laptop later. I've now installed BlueMail which syncs almost instantaneously  and I've deleted the account from the system app - which, as I thought, I cannot remove. 

0 Ratings