cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Unable to open eml file attachements on BT Mail, have to forward these to my personal Mail/Outlook

Go to solution

Using BT Mail web browser interface to access BT Mail and whenever we get any .EML file attached sent to us, unable to open it via BT Mail download.

Have to forward these emails to another Outlook / Mail email account we have, where we are able to visualise these without any problem.

Converting files to pdf and/or docx very much hit and miss with contnt.

Is there anything we can do, so these open with BT Mail or some other tip?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to open eml file attachements on BT Mail, have to forward these to my personal Mail/Outlo

Go to solution

. EML files can only be opened by a mail client. If you associate . EML files with you mail client in Windows, you should be able to open them

Message 3 of 5

Re: Unable to open eml file attachements on BT Mail, have to forward these to my personal Mail/Outlo

Go to solution

Thank you. So I have to associate .eml files with BT Mail

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Okay, I think I now get it and understand.

We open and read our BT Mail emails throughout the day mainly on Windows 11 Desktops via a web browser interface (usually Chrome or Firefox).
Windows Store unfortunately does not offer a BT Mail App so our default .eml is associated with the Mail App (Microsoft/Outlook).

I have set it up so we can send the occasional email via Mail Outlook App (using our BT email address) but as I said we find the BT Mail interface easier to work with getting and sending emails, it also has all our files and folders, contacts, calendar, etc. etc.

Guess we will just have to use the subterfuge of continuing to forward these to Mail and opening them with that Outlook app/Interface.

Thank you for the explanation in any case.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
In English please.
0 Ratings