cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 351 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

Does anyone know how this BT promotion works for Xbox Live Gold members?

I understand from reading here that the BT Game Pass Ultimate promotion gets added on a monthly basis.

I am aware that applying Ultimate to an account that already has Gold, that this converts all that time into Ultimate.

My concern with the BT promotion being done through the BT website is whether this will work as expected. Do you think it’s safer for me to just buy 1 month Ultimate direct on the Xbox console for £10.99, and let this convert my Gold time. I can then apply the BT promotion afterwards?

In theory I think the BT promotion should do the trick and save me having to buy Ultimate separately - but reading some of the issues people have been facing, I’m not overly confident it will work as expected.

0 Ratings
Message 352 of 405

@besmirched I don't have direct experience of using the offer with an existing Gold sub, but I think it should work exactly as you said. The offer seems to work by adding a 1 month Game Pass Ultimate sub every month for as long as your offer lasts, and I don't see why this would work any differently to doing the same through Microsoft. So, as soon as your first month is added it should convert your current Gold time to Game Pass Ultimate, along with one extra month on top.

0 Ratings
Message 353 of 405

Cheers, I expect it might work but I think we can all agree this promotion hasn’t really been implemented very well at all. I think I’ll take the cautious route and just pony up and pay for 1 month Ultimate to convert my Gold time - and then apply the BT promotion sometime afterwards.

From the skim reading I have done on this thread, I believe I can monitor my subscription time via. the Game Pass mobile app. Is that correct? 

So let’s say for example my Ultimate expires Sept 2025, and I then apply my BT promotional 6mth Ultimate. If I check the Game Pass app I will see my expiration date move up each month? No time is lost or anything like that?

0 Ratings
Message 354 of 405

@besmirched That's exactly right, yes. You won't be able to check your remaining sub on the Microsoft site while its managed from BT, but the phone app will show your existing time is still in effect, along with one extra month from BT. This will increase by an extra month for six months while the offer is active.

Message 355 of 405

@Monkey73 I can see your Ultimate is showing an expiry date for Jan 2023. Did you already have Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold before applying your first BT promotional 12 months Ultimate?

I’m asking this because based on other comments here BT seem to add this month-by-month, so if that’s the case your subscription should be longer than it appears.

I’m afraid I can’t offer much advice besides just checking after the 18th to see if your subscription moves from Jan to Feb.

If your MyBT area doesn’t show the option to add another 12 months, I suppose it’s possible this could already be rolled into your already active monthly subscription. If you get no sense from BT the only thing I would do in your situation is take note of when you expect your first promotional 12 months to end, factoring in any time you previously already had, and if it continues past this then it seems highly likely your second BT Ultimate sub is already applied. If it stops, then you know to get in touch with them again.

Keep us posted if you do get any sense out of BT regarding this. I might soon be in a similar situation as I have 6mths BT Ultimate that I will soon be applying to an existing Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and I’m considering jumping up from 500 to 900 myself to also bag the promotional 12 months.
0 Ratings
Message 356 of 405

Hi besmirched

I did indeed have Xbox Live Gold but this ran out prior to the BT Xbox Game Pass offering.  I am 8 months into the first 12 month BT Game pass, offered when I jumped to 900 Mbps.  If you are right and it only shows 1 month at a time, I am confused as to why mine would be different and showing the date the initial 12 months expires.

I will indeed let you know what happens after 18th Jan.  Hopefully it's good news.  If not I shall be asking for my 12 months from then.

Thanks for the reply and all the best!

0 Ratings
Message 357 of 405

My 12 month subscription is meant to run until Feb 2023. Just checked my BT account and all looks good there but I've lost access to Game Pass. When I check my Microsoft account it states my subscription has been cancelled and when it tried to renew today the order was declined. 

Anyone know what's going on?

0 Ratings
Message 358 of 405

Hi, I activated a free 6 month subscription to Gamepass via BT, however, thats now expired but my account is still managed by BT and I cant activate any other codes.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
Message 359 of 405

I spent nearly three hours on the phone and online trying to sort this out. BT couldn't do anything as they said everything looked fine on their side. They blamed Microsoft. So then I had to speak to them for an hour and in the end, I had to send them a screenshot of my account showing when the subscription was meant to run until according to BT. Once I had they gave me the remaining months and reactivated my Game Pass. 

Basically whatever link there was between BT and MS had broken down and the 12 free months of GP that BT had promised me was not recognised by Microsoft. 

0 Ratings
Message 360 of 405

I finally got someone at BT to talk to about Game Pass.  Not many of the staff know exactly what is going on with Game Pass.   I was told to let my Game Pass run out in January and get back to them at that time.   Apparently they can't edit the one you already have and it has to run it's full length.

If I remember, I will update this in January with my findings.

0 Ratings