cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Activating Digital voice phone

I have done a factory reset on my Smart Hub. The Internet now works but my Digital voice phone says it needs to be 'Activated'. How do I do this?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Activating Digital voice phone

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

I think this is something that has to be initiated by BT and carried out by Openreach. Go to 192.168.1.254 on a web browser connected to your SmartHub and see if your phone number is shown in the "Phone" section. If there is no phone number shown then BT has not yet activated your phone, and you might find your old analogue phone connection still works

Message 4 of 16

was your DV phone working before the factory reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 16

Yes, this is not a new installation. After the hub factory reset the internet came back fully working but my voide phones are not working. It had a message saying they need activating. I am online to BT helpline chat but going around the houses checking for loose cables and wotnot.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Hi @IanLoughlin   The factory reset (I hope you saved your contacts first) will de-register all your DV phones. You will need to re-register them again.

Message 7 of 16

"Activated" would seem an odd message but if you've factory reset the SH2 then I expect you just need to re-pair the phones, either via the WPS button on the SH2 or via the phone section of the web interface. You may need to also factory reset the handset(s) first to remove the original pairing.

Message 8 of 16

Hi, I went through the standard procedures for re-registering my voice phone(s). It basically said "No Internet connection" but obviously my internet is working - I am talking to you!
I was on the chat to BT and asked about resetting my phones, she said it wasn't necessary - just do a re-register cycle. Do you think I should try resetting my two voice phones anyway? This is clearly finger trouble on my part. I just wanted to clear out the 380 pages of event logs on the hub.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

I did do a backup/restore before resetting in order to save my hub settings to a conf file. It specifically says it does not save contacts (sadness).
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

@IanLoughlin 

There is a separate backup for contacts in the phone section.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice-phones/migrating-contacts