cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Advanced Phone Twin cordless phone, answering system with caller ID and additional handset

Go to solution

I have a BT Advanced Phone Twin cordless phone, answering system with caller ID and additional handset.

Manufacturer no 090639

While I was out my husband accepted a call from a friend, and since I’ve returned home the phone is not working properly so I’m not sure whether he has inadvertently done something or whether there is a fault with the unit, which I’ve had 2 or 3 years. Problems:  Incoming calls come through using saved contact info, no sound, and “announced call” displayed - this includes numbers that were not previously on the announced list.  Cannot access contact info - message “not currently available. (They must be there as they are showing on caller display when testing out the problem) Cannot make outgoing calls - message “outgoing calls not possible. Call blocking is dealing with an incoming call.  (There is no incoming call) If I go into many of the menu options, I get the message “not currently available” so am not able to resolve by reviewing settings.  Without being able to do much via the menu system, all I’ve done so far is reset the handset and base ((without clearing data). Any help appreciated.  
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Advanced Phone Twin cordless phone, answering system with caller ID and additional handset

Go to solution

@Janflicks 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Have you tried removing the power to the base unit for about a minute, as that will restart the communications link?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Advanced Phone Twin cordless phone, answering system with caller ID and additional handset

Go to solution

No I haven’t.  I’ll do that now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you so much, that’s solved it.  Do you know what would have caused that to happen?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Possibly an incomplete "clear" signal from the last incoming call, which makes the base unit think its still dealing with that call. That will stop any handsets from communication with the base unit.

I am pleased its sorted. You know what to do now, should it happen again 🙂

0 Ratings