cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Digital Voice query

Go to solution

Hi

My phone line is being moved to Digital Voice in the next few weeks, however I have a HH6/Smart Hub 1.

I was told by support at BT that if I got a Digital Voice adapter that it would work with this hub, however it arrived today and will not pair with the hub.

I don't really want a Smart Hub 2 as 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands can't be separated.

After a online chat with BT just now, I was told that and engineer would need to visit to convert a LAN port to a WAN port on hub and Digital Voice adapter will work. Sounds like a load of nonsense to me as it's connected by WPS pairing , but anyone have any advice on this?

thanks 

CJ

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Digital Voice query

Go to solution

The Digital Voice Adaptor pairs with the Smart Hub 2 (by DECT protocol using the WPS button) as do the Essential and Advanced Digital phones.

They will NOT connect with older hubs or by WiFi or Ethernet.

Richard

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

So what BT have told me is nonsense and I have to have a Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Digital Voice can ONLY be used with the SH2

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Digital voice will only work with SH2 so if you move then you need to use the SH2. The adapter will not pair with SH2 until you have DV activated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

OK, thanks for the answers. 

I'm slightly perplexed as I did have a Smart Hub 2 until approx 5 weeks ago when it developed a fault. 

I reported it to BT who then sent me a HH6/Smart Hub 1 instead, knowing that my phone line was being moved to Digital Voice, seems a bit bizarre? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @CJ-67 I'm sorry you've been provided with incorrect information. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the Moderation Team and we'll be able to send you a Smart Hub 2 and provide feedback to the person who misinformed you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

And once paired, it continues to communicate by DECT?

So there are two DECT networks running in my home, one being my existing network of traditional, non-DV, DECT phones, and the other being the link between the DVA and the Hub 2?

It seems odd that the Hub has DECT, but doesn’t expose it in any of its connectors.

It also seems odd I would pair the DVA with the Hub using WiFi Protected Setup and it not be WiFi; though I can certainly not see the DVA among my WiFi devices, so I guess it must be using a different wireless protocol.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

the DV adapter connects to the SH 2 using dect not wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

You are not connecting via WPS, you are just using the physical WPS button which is dual purpose.

The connection is DECT