cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Everday Digital handset

I have a BT handset which worked perfectly until our internet went off for nearly 24 hrs 5 or 6 weeks ago.  Since then it has only got an engaged tone.   If I dial 1471 I get a dialing noise over the engaged tone then nothing.  It doesn't register incoming calls either. I've reset it - done everything suggested in the manual.  I can't make or receive calls on it.  Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Everday Digital handset

Are you on digital voice with phone connected to back of hub or are you still connecting to the white phone socket on the wall?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It's plugged into the wall - a second similar phone that we have upstairs works perfectly and hasn't had any trouble. I've relinked it to the hub. I've reset it. I've tried it in different sockets. I can't think of anything else to try.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sorry but now confused 

If you don't have digital voice and use the normal phone socket then I don't understand why you are linking your phone to the hub. You only connect a phone to hub by dect or socket on back if you have digital voice. If you have digital voice then the old phone socket does not work for calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It's digital voice and a bt digital phone, given to us by bt to go with the new hub earlier this year. that has 2 plugs that go into electrical sockets.  Works over wifi.  We have an "old fashioned" phone that is directly plugged into the hub and works perfectly too.  We have 2 digital phones.  The other one is fine.  This particular one constantly has the engaged tone and doesn't ring with an incoming call or dial out and nothing I do changes it.

0 Ratings