cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT digital voice phones, listening in on second phone.

@Jane2018 wrote:

Thankfully whilst I was told DV was being forced on London by end of 2023 it has now moved to no such suggestion and even my bills have stopped mentioning DV - all a bit strange but not looking forward to DV anyway so will leave well alone...

I guess it won't stop you posting the same broken record relentlessly though unfortunately.

Message 12 of 16

"I don't see why there cannot be a list of 30 or 40 differences so consumers can see what the changes are..."
I really can't think of 30 to 40 differences between analoge and digital phone services.
Yes, you have to plug your phone into a different socket and, yes, you can't listen into an ongoing phone call if the 2 phones are connected by different means (DECT vs plugged into the green socket on the SH2). And yes, if you're on FTTC rather than FTTP, it's potentially a bit more complicated to connect the green socket on the hub to any extension wiring in your house. But you can use BT's digital adapters instead of extension wiring, and that allows you to place a phone anywhere there is a mains electricity socket.
But I'm struggling to think of the other 37 differences!
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

@Jane2018 

if you are noting all the changes you learn from forum and the ones you think you know then why don't you compile a list and post for others?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 16

Thanks for all the replies, i have followed rbz5416''s advice and used a splitter in the green socket to connect an old phone downstairs and a dect phone upstairs (via existing extension cable, disconnected from master socket).

As iniltous says, phones sharing the green socket can be conferenced, but one phone on the green socket and one on the adapter will not, they are seperate channels. Still don't know about DV phones.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

As I posted previously, DV phones can listen in. It is just between DV phones and phones connected to the ATA that cannot listen in.

Message 16 of 16

Oh yes I forgot, thanks for that.

0 Ratings