cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT move to “Digital Voice” and compatibility issues

Go to solution

BT emailed about the transition to Digital Voice and needing to plug the landline phone into the router when this happens.  I spoke to BT and they said you have to have their latest hub (Home Hub 2) for this to work.  They send they will send a]the newest hub when the switch happens.  We have an older BT hub (5 I think) because it was the only one that remained stable on our line and Openreach engineers said to stick with it for our FTTC connection.

I have read many people saying that BT’s latest hub’s Wi-Fi doesn’t work well with Sky Q too.  I don’t know if this was an old issue or if it has been solved.  BT suggested that our only option would be to lose the landline when DV happens here but that  this wouldn’t result in any saving for having a reduced service (FTTC broadband but no landline phone).  We never use the landline and wouldn’t mind losing it if we have to but at the same package price?

Has anyone any ideas about how this will work out for older hubs on FTTC and if Sky TV’s Wi-Fi can work with the latest router?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT move to “Digital Voice” and compatibility issues

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

you need the SH2 to enable you to get digital voice and the ability to continue with home being able to make and receive calls.  you can opt for broadband only and give up ability to make and receive calls on home phone and then just use your mobile instead.  there is a small reduction in cost if you select broadband only maybe £2/5pm

the SH2 works with SKYQ but it helps if you change the 5ghz wireless channel on SH2 to something other than channel 36 say 42/48

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the information- I appreciate the advice

0 Ratings