Message 1 of 4

Bereavement

I am disabled and have lived with my Mother in the same house all my life, 50 years.

She passed away a year ago and want to know can I transfer the Account holder to me and also keep my BT Landline Telephone Number.

I have been unable to deal with many problems since her passing.

I do all my telephone calls on BT landline number to my GP, doctors, support workers and council staff and others and they contact me via this BT landline number.

I rarely use mobile phones, only when I have to.

Due to health problems I rarely go out and need this BT landline number.

Is it possible to transfer the account from my Mother to me and also keep my BT landline phone number.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bereavement

normally account transfer is between spouses but in your circumstances I have asked a forum mod to see if anything they can do to help.  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Thank you.

I mainly want to keep the BT landline number for all my health and social care contacts, and are account numbers tied with BT Landline numbers?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Rob52_Oct2022

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn about the recent passing of your Mum.   May I begin by offering you my sincere condolences for your loss.  I understand you'd like to move the account into your name and that it is important that you retain your telephone number.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie