cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Call Guardian problem with my mobile

Go to solution

Hello and would appreciate your advice. We've had the excellent 8500 and Call Guardian for probably 4/5 year with no problems. Today, while out shopping I tried to call my wife. My phone sounded as though it was ringing before the call said I should identify myself...which was a first for me as my number has been in the list since day 1.0. On arriving back home, my wife said the phone hadn't rung at all. My calls are all shown in the call list as 'Withheld'

What I tried sitting at home ; My wife's iPhone went straight through no problems. My phone  a Galaxy 22 5g...2 years old..perfect, connect ed as earlier in the day, but no home phone ringing...just the message to identify myself due to Guardian.  I have deleted myself as a safe number and reinstalled, but no joy. This has not happened before as I have called home many times, stand alone and via my car.

I'm just not sure what else to do....my 22 is fine...just called my wife's iPhone here and my sons home phone and mobile, all,no problems.

Thanks for any advice. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Call Guardian problem with my mobile

Go to solution

@mikeactwrote:

My calls are all shown in the call list as 'Withheld'

That would suggest an issue with your phone not forwarding it's number. When you call the iPhone does your number show on it?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Call Guardian problem with my mobile

Go to solution

Firstly,  thanks so much for your answer....No, my number didn't show on my wife's iPhone.

So,I took your advice and had to hunt around for the ID forwarding option.  I eventually found it..(a first for me) and there are three options,  basically, On,Off or Network default which was ticked. I've now changed it to On and all is back to normal.  I'm on 02 and am assuming that the default option has either been changed by 02 with a recent upgrade  or something in the phone changed it....all I know is that it was definitely not me !!

Anyway, thank you so much, really appreciated.

Mike.