cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Call Protect - last call number not showing

Still on normal landline and use Call Protect to block unwanted numbers.  Was all ok earlier in the week, as still able to view the list of callers and able to block numbers.  Yesterday we had a scam call, went to Call Protect to block it, but it's not showing in the Recent Calls list, though I can see it on the handset caller display (so it's not imaginary!!).

Is this a hiccup with the BT call logging ?

I've not tried ringing the line from my mobile to see if that incoming call shows yet

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Call Protect - last call number not showing

Maybe it's not a valid number? We know it's almost certainly not a real number anyway & just spoofed, but maybe they've chosen one that can't exist. I've had them before with 12 or 13 digits.

But you're largely wasting your time in blocking fictitious numbers as next time they call the number will have changed. Whitelisting via something like BT's Call Guardian is the best option.

Message 3 of 30

It was a mobile number of the correct number of digits. Even spoofed numbers normally show on answered calls.
Message 4 of 30

I am having the same issue. I have had several calls since the last one showing on my Call Protect recent callers list which was on the 8th April. Is there a problem with Call Protect at the moment?

Message 5 of 30

I have just noticed this as well! Thought it was me not remembering correctly but I definitely had a call that I answered on 11th April but which didn't show up in the received call list!! So I guess we are all still awaiting an answer!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

Yes, only had the one missed off the list.  Really odd

Message 7 of 30

So I've just been trying various scenarios and I called my landline from my mobile. Let it go to answer service and left a message. On checking the calls received it was not there! This was also the scenario last week when a friend left a message. Their call didn't show up. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

Hi Clarkatron,
After a wasted hour yesterday trying to get a BT Help agent agent to understand that my problem with Call Protect was not accessing it or editing it but that it wasn't showing incoming calls, I gave up and experimented by calling my own number. Call Protect did show my call when I rang my landline from my mobile but two calls from a friend last night, one from a mobile and one from a landline, did not show. However, two calls today (both scam calls) have shown.
I hope someone is monitoring the Forum and can look into this as Call Protect is useless as a call blocker if you cannot see all the incoming calls in 'Your Recent Callers'.

Message 9 of 30

Have you tried what I did which was call your number and let the BT 1571 answer service take the call. Mine is set to answer after a medium setting of rings. Then just leave yourself a message. These are the type that don't show up on mine! This all started last week as I say when my neighbour left a message but his call didn't show up. BT Comments please??!!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

Hi Everyone, 

I'm sorry, this shouldn't be happening. I've sent you all a private message to enable you to contact me back with your details and we'll get this looked into.

Thanks

Neil