cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Call button synchronises handset

Go to solution

When making a call, I pressed call button to turn on speakerphone. It disconnected call and defaulted to synchronising handset. Why?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Call button synchronises handset

Go to solution

@Doug22 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Its because the batteries in the handset are faulty, its a very common problem. They do not have enough capacity to power the speaker.

You can prove this by temporarily swapping the batteries to ordinary alkaline ones, but do not put it on the charger base.

If the phone works with alkaline batteries, then it proves the rechargeable ones are no good, and need replacing.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks. Did as you suggested, and the hands free worked fine. Rechargeable batteries provided by BT with the handsets appear to be very poor quality. They’ve lasted less than 6 months and drop power significantly after a few minutes usage.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Can anyone recommend reliable make of rechargeable batteries for these phones?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Any will be fine. I think Amazon own brand will be fine and not expensive

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Doug22 wrote:

Can anyone recommend reliable make of rechargeable batteries for these phones?

I've had no problems with the BT batteries during the several years I've had DV. But, for what it's worth, I've been using the same set of Duracell rechargables in a shaver for even longer.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings