cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Caller Display not working (BT3530)

I use a BT3530 answerphone DECT phone. Formerly with Plusnet, caller display worked perfectly. Now, with BT Digital Voice, the base station is plugged into back of BT Smart Hub 2 (the handset is registered to this base station, not to the SH2). During incoming calls, the display alternates between the calling number and the word 'Unavailable'. Call history only shows 'Unavailable', no number. 

I also tried a BT DV homephone registered with the SH2, which correctly shows the tel number when ringing and in call history. So no network issue. 

Any way to fix my BT3530 behaviour? It's like it thinks the tel number should be in the phone book (the alternating display is what is supposed to happen when the number matches a contact) but the phone book is totally empty (I don't store any contacts). I tried fully resetting the settings on the BT3530 but no difference.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Caller Display not working (BT3530)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Try using DV phone and go settings then line and change multi to single

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It's already on Single.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Can anyone confirm, if they have physically plugged a phone or DECT base station into the back of the Smart Hub 2, does caller display work? If so, which make/model of phone or base station? 

0 Ratings