cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Caller ID not working with digital voice

Go to solution

Just been moved over to digital voice. Caller ID working perfectly before, since moving over just ‘incoming call’ is displayed.

been back and forth with talking to bt. Keep being told fault fixed, it isn’t. New digital phone sent to see if that solves it, it didn’t. Switched caller ID on and off on my account, that didn’t work. Reboot and reset smart hub 2 fails to resolve also. Now they want to send an engineer, with a threat of £85 fee, if the fault is my doing. 

anyone else experiencing no caller ID? Any fixes ? I cannot see what an engineer can do, when fibre works and I can make calls.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Caller ID not working with digital voice

Go to solution

I have same issue no caller ID just incoming call. Anyone help resolve it?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: Caller ID not working with digital voice

Go to solution

Hi @philo1972 

I had the same issue when I renewed my broadband contract, Caller Display was removed  from DV for some reason.

I was fortunate in that it only took one phone call for it to be added back to my account. I do think that it's very much pot luck with who you speak to at BT as to whether they can resolve your problem. For example, it took me over a week and 7 phone calls just to renew my broadband.

It appears that your migration to DV hasn't been completed properly.

Message 4 of 13

Re: Why can't I get caller display again?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@philo1972  I've merged your other post and its reply with this one - it's best not to post the same issue on multiple threads as it can cause confusion.

I'm asking the forum moderators if they can help you.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @philo1972 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your posts!

I'm sorry that your Caller Display feature isn't working since your migration over to Digital Voice.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

No use this! Thanks anyway 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Still not working, for some reason they are sending an engineer to my house. Got to say worse experience ever and I’ve spent hours back and forth on the phone. Now I have to wait in for an engineer to do what? The phone and broadband work! The fault is not in the house. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @philo1972,

Thank you for taking my call today. I was happy to hear that my colleagues in the Digital Voice team were able to get the Caller Display working for you.

I'm sorry that this took a bit longer than expected.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Could someone please say what the answer actually was and not that an answer may have been effected

I have exactly this same fault.  Caller ID only works very occasionally through the Digital Voice Adapter although it appears to work always through the phone socket at the back of the hub.  So I clearly have Caller ID enabled so it's not that.

0 Ratings