cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Can Voicemail 1571 be switched off with Digital Voice?

Go to solution

I read conflicting reports that you can switch it off, and that it's not possible (switch it off in MyBT but it's still active on the system). Anybody know the facts? And if you can switch it off, can you switch it back on again for free?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Can Voicemail 1571 be switched off with Digital Voice?

Go to solution

1571 is a free service for all DV customers so I can't see any reason why would be charged for it.

I've never tried switching it off but if you want to because you prefer to use your own answering machine then you can set the number of rings before it kicks in to (if I remember correctly) a maximum of 10.

See All about Voicemail for Digital Voice | BT Help

Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Digital Voice supports multiple free calling features that are chargeable on the PSTN network, the list of them can be found Here

1571 is free (Advanced voicemail is also available for a monthly charge.) and can be switched off if not required and enabled if you change your mind.

Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
How do I switch it off? It seems impossible 😔
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Unfortunately this doesn't work. On the manage calling features screen there is no option to switch it off...
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Its frustrating there is no option to switch off Voicemail 1571. My elderly mother really liked using her own answering machine but BT Voicemail pushes in first (even when set to 10 rings).
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@Dave1000   That seems strange. I have a Panasonic cordless answerphone.  With the 1571 set to 10 rings and my phone set to 5 my answerphone works fine.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

As mentioned above, this doesn't work, at least not for us. We've followed the instructions and the option to switch off is not there. 

0 Ratings