cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 48

Re: Can't Connect

I'm starting to think this guy's having a laugh, just a shame he can't find a more productive way to spend his time.

Message 32 of 48

Indeed - I don’t know how many different ways of trying to say that his DV service has not been provisioned could have been tried!

The steps are:

1) Complain to BT to get the Digital Voice service provisioned as that their phone number appears next to the telephone symbol in the box on the left hand side of his smart hub home page.

2) When that happens they will then be able to click through to another page on the routers web page that will let them pair their DECT handset with the Smart Hub 2. No cables required!

Until Step 1 is achieved Step 2 cannot happen.

Message 33 of 48

I'm starting to think this guy's having a laugh, just a shame he can't find a more productive way to spend his time.

I am not a "guy" - so there is proof that YOU did not read my posts.

I am a woman in my 60s. I did fear that putting my issues on here might lead to a smart alex or two taking the opportinity to use their "superior knowledge" to put me down or make fun of me, but I took the chance because BT Help, Advice & Service have been so bad.  

Several - like BT  - just kept insisting I connect phone to hub - or bub to wall using pohone or adsl.  Those people will know who they are.

The consensus now is that the Service had not been provisioned.  Last week, BT kept telling me otherwise and were trying to blame me for not "setting up" correctly.  Now they have finally been honest and admitted that after 2 months, they  still had not done it. 

I wanted my side of the set-up done so that I would be ready to go as soon as BT did their side.

As I said BT kept telling me to plug things in via adsl and phone cables (as some on here did too) but finally the info emerged that the hub will work wirelessley as a base station  and no adsl or phone cable will be required. 

Thanks to those who explained about the base station, noticed DV was not provisioned and took the time and made the effort to constructively help - Much Appreciated.

Message 34 of 48

5 march not working.jpgUPDATE

Still cannot make or receive calls.

Technical help have told me that my telephone muber has not even been "ported" yet - whatever that means - but my BT Executive Connsumer Complaints Resolver, is still blaming me, saying everything their end is in working order and it is my fault that I have not set up my handset properly!

Off to Ofcom

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 48

It would be worth confirming that BT have the correct ONT serial number registered against your account.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 48

I haven't a clue what that is!

I wonder if you would be good enough to take a minuite to explain what an 

"ONT serial number" is, please?

UPDATE - I googled and see it is the number of the new BT OpenReach white box on wall.  I then did a reset of it ... but no that did not work.  

I will suggest what you wrote to BT.

Thanks 😉

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 48

@Customer66 wrote:

I am not a "guy" - so there is proof that YOU did not read my posts.

I am a woman in my 60s.

As an aside to your problem, just so that you are aware, now a days "Guy" can be gender-neutral. It can refer to men and/or women indifferently. 

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 48

SO MUCH FOR RAISING A COMPLAINT TO TRY TO GET MY SERVICE WORKING - THIS IS BT'S RESPONSE -

"Hello ??????

Thanks for getting in touch with us recently.

We've now closed your complaint. Your reference number is VOL013-????????.

Sorry again about the issues you've had. If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we handled it, please give us a call."

STILL HAVE NO WORKING DIGITAL VOICE AND BT HAVE CHARGED ME STRAIGHT THROUGH - EVEN FOR THE 6 WEEKS WHEN I HAD NO BROADBAND EITHER!

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 48

I believe the word "**bleep**" is also gender neutral

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 48

Hi C66.

You appear to be an involuntary party to a 'BT Silliness Loop'. The one route that's not been mentioned is, BT send a dedicated DV-Engineer around to sort the whole problems out, against a TRC (time related charge). If the fault is customer related, the customer pays. If the fault is found against BT, BT pays. If you're non-techy, could be the way to go.
Alternatively, a high level complaint to the CEO regarding the whole issue, could prove fruitful.
Smart Hub 2Smart Hub 2