cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 48

Re: Can't Connect

Hi @COMPANY-PENSIONER 
A BT Tech is coming - but can't imagine what they will do that I have not already tried. I really belive it is something at exchange or "porting" or ONT issue - and re-registering my phone will make no difference - but we will see.
And ... yes have raised a complaint.
62 days and counting since last landline was cut off and new Digital Voice supposed to be connected in new home!
Had enough of "BT Silliness"! 🙂 and BT in general!
Thanks for interest and advice.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 48

UPDATE

BT Home Tech came today.  IT had been rearranged for Wed, but ... you know BT.

He was a Cube Engineer from a Sub Contractor.  He confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the parts of the set-up in my home - but he and the Phone BT Tech he spoke to seem to agree that my Smart Hub " possibly does not work properly - but BT had not replenished the Engineer's supply of hubs and so he could not replace it ... I suppose I might get a huge surprise and find the Phone BT  Tech guy has ordered me one?  

Also they both agreed that no Digital Voice Service has been configured on my line.

Also I asked BT Executive Customer Resolution contact 3 times for the ONT Serial Number of the BT OutReach Modem that BT has registered on my account and he.bt are refusing to give it to me for "data protection" reasons (despite the fact that it is on a sticker on my modem in my hone!  Possibly afraid that if they gave me the one they have registered, I might see it does not match?

Meanwhiel BT still billing me, set to add on "set-up" charges next month and are threatening me with a £7.50 Pentaly Charge if I do not pay an outstanding £20 for a service they have not provided!  And to add to the "confusion" (aka **bleep**  service) it seems that they cannot find a contract in my account - so I might be free to go elsewhere without Penalty Charges. 

However, I want to get my 20 years old telephone number back before I go elsewhere.  I should never have lost it as  BT assured me I could keep it when I first arranged my Home Move with them back in December 2023 ... but of course ... we know BT ... and they did not do this and gave me a horrible new number - and of course neither the old one or the new one work!!!

Oh - and when BT Tech guy was on phone to Cube Engineer he promised to get back to me - but we all know bt ... and of course I have not heard from him.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 48

Hi C66.

A complaint can be checked out at MyBT Login:-
https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fmy.bt.com%2Fs%2Fapps%2Fappscomplaints%2...
Worth checking occasionality to see if the complaint is still 'open'

It beggars-belief that BT don't have at the Highest-Level, a ONE-STOP-SHOP resolution for cases, such as these ?
Good-2-Go !Good-2-Go !

Message 44 of 48

Hi C66.

I liberated the following text from another post. It could be worth a punt, if you're problem is still active.

The issue has now been resolved after the problem was passed to the Technical Management Centre (TMC) and Data  Integrity (DI)
So if you have a similar problem you should push the advisor to escalate the problem to TMC and DI
Also ask the advisor to take responsibly for progressing the problem and to act as your primary contact.
The advisor I have been talking to has been excellent and has agreed to call me in a weeks time to ensure noting has gone pear shaped.

Technical Management Centre (TMC) and Data Integrity (DI), items to add to your library.

C-P2x50x0.15x6.gif

Message 45 of 48

Thanks for the info. Unofortunately I seem to now be in a situation wehre only one person in BT is allowed to communicate with me - a man from the BT Executive Complaints Customer Resolution Team in Newcastle. He is obviously not that technical himself - but since his involvement I cannot speak to any Technical People.
When I phone them they express great understanding for any frustration I have and then promise to "take ownership of my case" and sound enthusiastic about helpign get to the bottom of the issues that have caused me to have no Broadband for 6 weeks and no Digital Voice for about 10 weeks ...
then I never hear from them again.
Have been todl this is because of the aformentioned BT ECR dept!
Thanks you once more for trying to help me. But it seems the Ombudsman is the only place for me to go now and I have opened a case.
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 48

@imjolly| @Keith_Beddoe | @licquorice 

Can this be flagged to the Mods? Appreciate they can't take ownership as ECR are involved but perhaps they can enquire with ECR as to why there appears to be no progress?

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 48

@rbz5416 wrote:

@imjolly| @Keith_Beddoe | @licquorice 

Can this be flagged to the Mods? Appreciate they can't take ownership as ECR are involved but perhaps they can enquire with ECR as to why there appears to be no progress?

once referred to Executive complaints and they are now dealing with case then basically hands off the rest

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 48 of 48

@Customer66 

As it appears that no one within BT is willing or able to resolve this & more than eight weeks have elapsed since your original activation date, I'd look at taking this to arbitration.

https://www.commsombudsman.org/