cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancel landline for elderly father

hello. I am looking to cancel a BT landline on behalf of my elderly father. He has tried contacting by phone but is always met with an automated message telling him to text which he is unable to do.  Is there a number he can call and speak to someone direct to cancel this? Is there a way you can do this online? There must be a simple solution to this but I have spent ages looking and seem to be getting nowhere. 

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancel landline for elderly father

You need to phone CS 03301234150 and they should be able to help. Does your father just have phone or is it broadband with phone?

You cannot cancel on line and need to phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

He has called that number but it asked him to text which he is unable to do. He only has landline with BT.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Assuming you've read about it here:

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/manage-service/i-want-to-change-or-cancel-my-services/i-want-to-sto...

How to get in touch
You can call us:

Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm
Saturday 8am to 8pm
Sunday 9am to 6pm

Please have your account number ready (it’s on your bill)
From a landline: 0800 783 1401
From outside the UK: +44 150 174 7714

If your Father was on broadband and phone, then they would hopefully just put him on broadband only with no cost, albeit must likely signing up for a new 24 month contract.

Another option instead of cancelling, is if your Father is currently on a call plan, is just to simply change the landline call package to pay as you go.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/manage-service/i-want-to-change-or-cancel-my-services/what-are-the-...

This has been discussed many times in previous forum posts, here's a good one.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Pay-as-you-go-landline-monthly-charges/td-p/2287710

Or, if a mod like @DanielS is around to help, then they can maybe private message you to help you out here.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Good morning @NikolaL

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your posts!

I am sorry for the problems you're having cancelling your Dad's landline.  I appreciate the time your Dad has spent on the phone trying to get this sorted out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings