cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

DV switched my tariff to PAYG

Go to solution

Just switched from copper landline to FTTP and Digital Voice. It went very smoothly.

Our tariff used to include Evening & Weekend Calls. Since switching to DV we are on the Pay As You Go tariff. I didn't expect that.

If I tentatively look at upgrade options, I am offered 700 minutes of inclusive calls for a price and unlimited minutes for a higher price. Evening and Weekend inclusive is not there.

Is it true that BT offers Evening & Weekend inclusive calls solely to copper landline customers?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: DV switched my tariff to PAYG

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

calls are no longer included in the new packages and are add-ons regardless whether ADSL/FTTC/FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The BT phone packages are shown here which won't really apply to you.

Landline Deals | Home Phone Packages | BT

because you have FTTP. The Pay as You Go package only costs you £5 per month or £7.50 for 700 minutes or £16 per month for Unlimited minutes.

Unless you make a lot of landline phone calls you may find that the Pay as You Go is the best package for you. It only costs you to make calls, not receive them.

If you have a mobile phone, it may be the case that you have "free" calls with that albeit you have paid for them in your mobile phone package so you should perhaps consider using that more for out going phone calls

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I’m not on DV , but quite a while ago , I was advised that my ‘free’ weekends calls ( that was previously Evening and Weekends then reduced to WE only ) was going to be replaced as that legacy call plan was now defunct and I had to use one of the three new plans , PAYG, 700 mins or Unlimited ( or some similar name ) and I would be transferred onto the closest match (PAYG in my case ) but if I didn’t agree that it was the best match , to contact BT.
I was happy enough , ( rarely used the phone even at weekends) so didn’t object…..strangely, relatively recently, I was on ‘MY BT’ checking something and it still shows ‘Weekends’ as the call plan in force.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@treehouse - BT radically changed its calling plans in 2019. As always with BT, the new plans give with one hand and take with the other.... personally, I would rather make a 1-hour call, hang up and (if necessary) redial, than worry about how many minutes I've used so far each month, which is much harder to keep track of! But at least they finally included calls to UK mobiles (BT were the last major landline provider to offer this).

The cheapest non-pay as you go plan at the time of the relaunch was the 500 Minutes Plan, which BT have kept well hidden since they launched the 700 Minutes Plan. Although the Residential Tariff Guide  says that 500 Minutes was discontinued on 2nd July 2021, the 'Legal Stuff' at the bottom of the Landline Deals page makes no mention of this. Elsewhere in the Tariff Guide, 500 Minutes appears alongside PAYG, 700 Minutes and Unlimited as if it were still a current offering (as, indeed, it does in the aforesaid 'Legal Stuff'). I believe that the 500 Minutes Plan is still available to new customers - if you phone them and ask for it. Not everyone needs 700 minutes, and even 500 minutes are too much for many people these days who only use the landline for short, organisational calls such as phoning businesses or booking appointments. I think that BT should offer 400, 300 and even 200 Minutes plans to give their customers the widest choice.

Anyone, bottom line is that the 500 Minutes Plan, if you can persuade BT to let you have it, is probably the closest (cost-wise) to your old Evening & Weekend Plan. God knows what you'd pay for it...presumably the price would be negotiable, as the Tariff Guide quotes a "maximum price" ("some customers may pay less") of £7.50 for both the 500 and 700 Minutes Plans! Go figure.

0 Ratings