cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Digital Voice: Can receive but can't make calls

Hi

I've just been migrated across to digital voice and am now having issues making calls.  I have received the adapter which I've paired and it hasn't made any difference.  I can receive calls no problem.

I hear the dial tone, but then as I'm dialing the dial tone is still there while the phone dialing through the numbers - once it's finished trying to connect I just get the dial tone again.

It's so frustrating as I understood my existing phone would work, then it would work with the adapter but I'm no better off. 

Currently number 83 in the queue  on the Chat help and I'm probably not going to have time to wait for hours so any suggestions would be appreciated

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Digital Voice: Can receive but can't make calls

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@ecfy 

Provided your phone uses tone dialling, it should work. Pulse dialling is not compatible.

See if it works if you plug it into the back of the smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thank you @Keith_Beddoe 

I started by trying it in the back of the hub but had the same issue. 

After a quick Google ref pulse dialing,  that's what my phone is doing. Thank you for the explanation, I must have missed reading that bit of info from BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@ecfy 

Some phones have an option switch underneath to change from pulse dialling to tone dialling.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Found this thread as I was having the same issue of not being able to dial out, ringtone just staying, and adding what I did to fix it in case it helps anyone else.

The issue started after I had to restart my router and was fixed by switching the phone from tone to pulse then back to tone.

0 Ratings