cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Digital Voice Changeover Notification Email...

Go to solution

I've just received an email about the changeover to Digital Voice and I was interested to read this...

"If you have a burglar or medical pendant connected to your landline, you'll need to contact your providers...  "

Now, I don't  know about you, but if I have a burglar connected to my landline, I'd phone the police...!

If anyone knows the department which publishes the emails , perhaps they could let them know...?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digital Voice Changeover Notification Email...

Go to solution

Some systems will not work over BT Digital Voice. Manufacturers were given plenty of warning, and should have solutions in place. That is why BT ask you to contact your provider to see whether their system will work.

Anything that uses pulse dialling (loop disconnect) will not work. Also those that use analogue data transmission will also fail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, @Bob-B welcome to the community and thanks for highlighting that error, I can see exactly what you mean. I'll get in touch with the Digital Voice team to highlight this.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks Neil!

It does rather create a bad impression of BT!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I have to agree with all the comments. I received both an email and a snail mail letter telling me that I had a special service on my phone line following my order for Full Fibre and Digital Voice.

I don't and ther has never been any service of this kind connected to this line or number which has been in the family since 1955!!

I contacted normal 0800 number and was fobbed off with "point this out to the engineer when he comes to install / activate service". Engineer who came knew nothing about special services and was simply following his brief.

I would agree that this reflects poorly on BT. (Please note I am a BT pensioner with a vested interest in Bt's repuation!)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@AnotherGOM wrote:

I would agree that this reflects poorly on BT. (Please note I am a BT pensioner with a vested interest in Bt's repuation!)

If you ever used CSS when you worked for BT, then you will know how inaccurate some of the supplementary notes are, many of which were migrated over to newer systems. Special Services can mean Redcare, or even the old SPM (Subs Private Meter), now obsolete. There are plenty other defunct services, some you would not have been aware of, even though they were on your line.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@AnotherGOM wrote:

I have to agree with all the comments. I received both an email and a snail mail letter telling me that I had a special service on my phone line following my order for Full Fibre and Digital Voice.

You probably missed the key word IF

The OPs complaint was the poor wording missing out the word alarm after burglar.

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, you're right - there are lots of little annoyances which reflect very badly - although it's much better  now they've stopped using the Indian Call Centres....

I've been a fan of  BT ever since I spent a few years as a contractor in IT in Manchester District in the mid 80s but I'm getting to the point of moving to Sky now...

I'm housebound, so the TV and internet fill a lot of my time, and at one point, I got so annoyed with the slapdash way the EPG is updated  on the BT box (they haves series with no series links, others with multiple series links and sometimes they'll change the programme title and give it a new series link...)  that I raised a complaint online...

I have never heard anything about it, (not even a stupid excuse!) and since my broadband/TV contract is ending, I think I may have had more than enough...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I was part of the team who spent 15 months seconded to London to create CSS! I then spent 6 years introducing Just-in-Time as one of the field Materials Managers! So, yes, I know nothing is ever perfect.

0 Ratings