cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice and 3 existing phones

Hello, I hope someone can help me please. 

Just moved over to Digital Voice. The SH2  and modem are in the bedroom with the cordless phone.  There are 3 phones are linked by the cables to the Openreach socket in the hall by a coupler and ADSL filter. The only phone that rings that is attached to the SH2.  My 3 existing phones have a tone but on dialling out after about the eighth digit, I get the voice message that "the number is not recognised".

I would like to keep the 3 Phones and not have to use 3 DV adapters.  

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice and 3 existing phones

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Search voice reinjectiion , but basically the existing sockets need to be connected ( wired ) to the SH2 phone  port , and  isolated from the incoming line , if your extensions are wired correctly from the master socket and your router is currently connected in an extension socket , it may be easier to relocate the router to be near the master socket , so the extensions sockets can be isolated from the line .

The reason why the sockets that are not connected to the SH2 return ‘the number  you have dialled has not been recognised’ is they are still connected to the PSTN  network and your access to that is stopped when DV is started 

Voice reinjection isn’t BT or Openreach’s responsibility but the consumer, there are solutions to get around needing wired extensions 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If you have Digital Voice, you can't use phones just simply connected to the existing sockets without rewiring them to connect to the hub phone socket.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I'm not sure why you don't want to use DV adapters - the first one is free from BT and others cost just £20 each. These allow you to have a phone socket wherever you have access to a mains power socket. For my DV I have one phone plugged into the socket on the back of the SH2 and two other phones plugged into DV adapters. All work well.
As others have said, once you've been migrated to DV, phones plugged into the old Openreach socket won't work - this is for the broadband connection only
0 Ratings