cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Digital Voice and FTTP

Apologies for asking this as suspect has been asked infinitum, but only just back with BT and know answers keep changing. I'm in a retirement complex and Openreach installed fibre to the block last week with go live in a few months. A couple of us will go to FTTP asap so we understand what is happening - I'm on FTTC with Digital Voice. The others have been told to wait for letters from the various ISPs and produce their letter if they want help.

I am completely confused on timescales for what has to happen when for the others - this is Dorset and seen a date of later this year. 

The one that is really confusing me is anyone who wants Digital Voice only. I'm not clear if that will stay on copper for them or they have to go to fibre which I assume means Hub and Modem(ONT). The issue we have is that will mean more power sockets needed - more if adapters used - and how we do that safely with extension leads and avoid trailing cables. The other concern is impressing on them to keep it all on 24x7  if they want to use the phone.

Does anyone know of any simple presentations or videos that may be of use in this situation?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Digital Voice and FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Digital Voice and FTTP

Obviously anyone not a BT customer can enquire with their own provider, anyone with BT with a phone only service will probably remain on copper , probably until much closer to December 2025, then at some point they will need converting to IP telephony, this is likely to be done by via ATA at the exchange , that will mean that at the customer end  nothing changes.

There  is currently no forced migration to FTTP , but any change order , like changing ISP will require using FTTP once it is available .

0 Ratings