cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Digital Voice opt out

I've received two emails from BT saying I'll be moving over to Digital Voice. Both emails state that if I no longer use my landline and don't need Digital Voice I can opt out of the new service and take a broadband only package by going to the BT website. I follow the link and can find nothing relating to an opt out.

How do I opt out? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digital Voice opt out

@gardnerk 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

See https://www.bt.com/broadband/broadband-without-landline

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I've been there - I get this:
Sorry, we can't show you any personalised deals at the moment. But there's nothing to stop you checking out our current offers for broadband, TV, landline and TNT Sports.
When I check out the standard offers it's just options to add TV etc on to my current deal.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

From the BT website https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice-migration#:~:text=If%20you%20call%20us%20within,150%2....

"Can I opt out of BT Digital Voice?

If you call us within 7 days of receiving your letter about the move to Digital Voice, we'll be able to get you onto a Broadband Only plan and cancel the move to Digital Voice. Call us on 0330 1234 150 to discuss available plans"

This may involve renewing your contract.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks. In which case the emails are misleading.

Message 6 of 9

I will ask a moderator to check up on this.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @gardnerk, I'm sorry you are not able to change your package online and drop the line/digital voice from your service. This should work ok online and does in most cases. 
It would be best for you to call and our sales teams will be able to place the order for you to move to a broadband only package. 
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@JohnC2 

There have been numerous reports on here that you cannot remove telephony from a package without terminating that contract & starting a new one. Does this situation change when migrating to DV allowing removal of telephony without starting a new contract?

Message 9 of 9

Hi @rbz5416, as far as I'm aware that is still the case. However, I suspect in this case the customer is out of contract and would be best calling in to check the best option for them.

Cheers

John