cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Digital phone bulked after update

Go to solution

Hi folks, I wonder if anyone else is having this issue..... according to my SH2 it had a firmware upgrade yesterday (7/8/22), my digitalphone service is now not working with the handset showing "unable to make or receive calls".

I have tried the usual, turned off router, unpaired and re-paired the phone, reset etc... but still no joy... in the admin panel it is showing phone completely white, unable to click the box open and "not configured".

I have tried ringing ftp services and they are all attending a company meeting unti 12:15, call back later..... was just wondering if anyone had a similar issue since the update and how to get around it before this afternoon

just to add, internet is working at the correct speeds with no faults

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Digital phone bulked after update

Go to solution

Hi @akitaman and thanks for the post.

Sorry you're having problems with your handset. From what you're describing it sounds like the phone ha developed a fault and will need replacing. If you can't get through on the help line please let me know and I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Is your phone number displayed in blue on the SH2 or is it greyed out?

Do you have an old analogue phone kicking around you could plug into the back of the SH2 to test?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

unfortunately not..... to both questions.... gave my old analogue phone away when i was ported over to dv...

As for the phone number bit... just says not configured in a white box and wont let me into the box.....

I have tried most things I can from my end, inc router reset that is now giving me other issues as cannot change my gateway address... keeps reverting back 192.168.1.254, I wanted 2.254

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Factory reset the hub rather than just cycling the power. Press the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

You can't just change the gateway address without changing the DHCP range to match.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Finally got through all the autobots etc, now awaiting an advisor to call..... This is what my hub is showingWhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 3.22.46 PM.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I have reset the hub with the pin, reset the handset, done everything I can possibly think of, even unplugged the thing for 15 minutes too.......
 As for the gateway etc.... tried all of the above, even with DHCP turned off to no avail.... so unless I use the alternate range they offer which is quite an odd one, I'll work around 1.254 for now

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

FW update has upset / damaged the router.... it is showing a red flag at their end... new router being sent out

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @akitaman . Let us know if that resolve the problem.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Will do mate..... was actually easy to sort out once I got through to a real person
0 Ratings