cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital voice advanced handset searching for hub every time I answer call

Hi, I've had new digital voice with BT since April 2023. Ever since then any digital voice phone I answer will search for hub and call diverted to my mobile. Only way I can answer calls to my home number. I have a community alarm which is plugged in directly to hub as required, along with BT power unit. In case of power failure. 'Still irks that I paid for 3 additional handsets and digital voice adaptor, to use older phones' So I have a phone I can use anywhere in house. Besides fact I can't actually have a conversation using any of the bt digital voice phones, when I do answer a call, they say same thing, searching for hub. Then if lucky call will go to my mobile. I have 1571 setup along with having BT phones. Can anyone advice on what the actual problem is? I followed all the guides when setting up each handset when I joined BT last April. Same with additional handsets. BT sent power backup late last year, that's plugged in and working correctly. Council came out and replugged community alarm base into BT smart hub 2 once they knew I'd moved to BT. Anyone know why it's searching for hub? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital voice advanced handset searching for hub every time I answer call

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Typically it's duff batteries in the handsets, but that would be unusual from new across three different handsets. It could be a range issue so try one close to the SH2 & see what happens. If still no good then try it with a set of regular alkaline batteries just to test. But don't put the phone on a charger with them installed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I'll try with one handset and normal batteries. The hub is in room across from me, so it shouldn't have an issue with signal. Even the one in kitchen is close to hub. All new handsets and fully charged. Unless duff batch of batteries last year, used in range of digital phones?

I'll post results once tested. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

They seem to be poor batteries in general combined with poor charging management by the phones themselves. So you end up with batteries that show as fully charged, but as soon as they have to do anything more than power the display, they die.

If that is the case here I'd report the handsets as faulty & they should be replaced under warranty. Pointless trying to explain the battery issue to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I know what you mean, the one in kitchen always says battery dead when I go to use it. Yet it's plugged in 24/7 never use it because it's same issue when I do want to use it or searching for hub. Can't say I'm impressed with digital voice bt phones I bought on top of what was supplied when I moved to BT last April. I'll need to contact them ASAP before year is up if fault is with phones supplied and ones purchased later on. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Aginn09 

have you tried changing the batteries as suggested by @rbz5416  as that appears to have solves other posts with same problem.  I think it is very unlikely to have 3 handsets with same possible 'fault' more likely rubbish rechargeable batteries that can't hold charge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I'll test them all with nonrechargable batteries and compare usage. Once done I'll update on post. Won't be till tomorrow when I'll have tested all.

Will say that I've had issue with poor performance on all phones, obviously it's nothing to do with WiFi as it's dect system. Only other cause if not batteries is the community alarm. It's connected to hub directly with BT phones next on system. I've no choice in setup as it's only way alarm will work. 

0 Ratings