cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Diverting calls in the event of a line fault

I've currently lost all service on my line owing to the fibre cable being cut, and I trying to get all my incoming Digital Voice calls diverted to my mobile.

I can't use the Divert All Calls from my home phone because there is no Digital Voice service. 

I thought that I could get that done by Customer Services but having reported the fault I was told that they can only do this for the old POTS service not for Digital Voice. This is another disadvantage of Digital Voice then.

Next I thought that it might be possible to do this using the my.bt.com website from my PC but I was unable to find the part of the site that would allow me to do this.

Finally I tried to use the My BT app on my Pixel 7A mobile phone with Android Version 14. When I put in my email address and password it said that it would send an 8-digit PIN that I needed to enter to complete the logon. This arrived and I was able to view this - however the My BT app had reset the login page when I switched to the messaging app to get the PIN so I was back to square one with trying to log in.  I'm not even sure that I could set up the diversion even if I did succeed in logging in.

In summary it seems that there is no way to get all calls diverted from your Digital Voice line in the event of a line fault.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Diverting calls in the event of a line fault

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

What message do you get if you call your home phone from a mobile now?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Keith Beddoe: It diverts to an answering service if I ring the number

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I know its a bit late now, but can you remember if there was a divert option if the number was unavailable, like there is on mobiles?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Keith: No sorry - I didn't notice a divert option in the setup for the case where the Digital Voice number was unavailable
0 Ratings