Message 1 of 13

Ex Directory

Go to solution

Hello

We have been ex directory for years but now today see our name and address in a new phone book.  Does anyone know who I can contact about this mistake?

thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Ex Directory

Go to solution

Hi @devonjem welcome to the community and thanks for posting, do you have your landline with BT?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hello Neil.  We got the BT phone book today with our number in it.  I think we pay EE for the line.  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@devonjem EE will need to make you ex-directory again. The BT Phone book is given the details to publish by the provider of the line. There is a community for EE customers but I think you would be best contacting their customer service team Contact us about your broadband and landline (ee.co.uk)

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

OK thanks Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@devonjem No problem

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hello Neil

I just got this message from EE

"Thank you for your email.

I have checked your account and with our profile this is showing as ex directory.

If this is showing in the phone book, I would possibly contact them to make the changes.

I do apologise for any undue stress this may have caused you.

Kind Regards"

Is there someone I can contact at BT to get this fixed?  thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @devonjem, as EE are your current provider they are the only ones who can deal with this for you. 

The phone book website states: 'If you have a service provider other than BT you will need to contact your own service provider as BT is not able to make changes to this central database on behalf of other telephone service providers.

Once you have asked your own service provider to make the necessary amendments the correct data will be added to the OSIS database for cascade to all directory service providers including BT.'
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks John.  I have contacted EE and they say their records show my number should be ex directory.  Should I ask them to re-confirm that to BT?  thanks

0 Ratings