cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Halo 3 upgrade

Go to solution

I've been offered to upgrade to Halo 3 with Smart Hub 2 and Alexa handset. Do I 'have' to use the Alexa or am I able to plug my own phones in and use them as usual?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Halo 3 upgrade

Go to solution

The Alexa phones are for Digital Voice, you can use your existing handset, do you have more than 1 ?

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

The SH2 has a socket to take your existing phone(s). You don't have to use the Alexa but it will work as an additional handset if you want. It's useful to perform certain functions such as call blocking but might not integrate fully with the existing setup (for example a call answered on the Alexa may show as a missed call on the other).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Using the digital handset in addition to your old analogue phone will effectively give you 2 lines on 1 number so you will be able to receive a call and make one at the same time have 2 incoming calls etc

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, I have a 4 set. I guess plugging my base unit into the SH2 would enable me to use them all?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@JonMace wrote:

Using the digital handset in addition to your old analogue phone will effectively give you 2 lines on 1 number so you will be able to receive a call and make one at the same time have 2 incoming calls etc

The ability to have 2 lines is a function of Digital Voice, nothing at all to do with using the analogue phone.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@davantell wrote:
Yes, I have a 4 set. I guess plugging my base unit into the SH2 would enable me to use them all?

Yes

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
You still need 2 different hand sets to do it be it one digital and one analogue or 2 digital, a set of 4 analogue will only give you one line