cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Home/landline phone fault ongoing issue

Hi ,

My home phone developed a severe crackly line nearly 2 weeks ago which i raised as a  fault online through my  account on BT.com.

Problem is the issue was notified on the 7th March and still had no site nor sound of an engineer  despite first being informed the repair would be completed with 5-6 days .

The very loud crackling get's so bad to render calls impossible yet at other times subsides ...strangely internet and Hub appear to be unaffected  apart from one incident where the connection cut out and the lights on the hub changedand on picking up the phone the line was completely dead .

Afew minutes later it flashed back into life but still getting the crackly phone line .

The issue is  that according to the Fault tracker the repair date has been extended at least twice now and the latest said Wed 20th March but again no engineer or even a phone call abut the fault .

Is this normal for repairs or is there something i can/should do ?

Any help /advice much appreciated .

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home/landline phone fault ongoing issue

Hi @Nando33, sorry that your line is crackly. Now that the 20th has passed is the fault still showing open and is the line still crackling?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hello JohnC2 ,

Just checked the fault tracker and it now says the fault has been mended/corrected as per 20th Mar estimate

Unfortunately i took a call this morning which was still pretty scratchy ( i guess the proper term is "noisy")

and only just make out the caller's voice , and  picked up the phone again to test and still hear the same scratching/crackling .

I've still  had no word or site of an engineer so ....

It says on Fault tracker to notify them if the fault is still there ...what should i do .

BTW - in case it is relevant at all we are in a semi rural location and only have FTTC .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hello John ,

A current update .

I raised the issue with the fault again and was directed to  the online message help .

They checked and have said the issue shows up as outside of the property  and engineer may be in touch .

Then got a phone with recorded message to confirm the above and a new estimated fix date of 26th March ...

At least i got a response this time so i suppose i just have to wait and hope again .

Thanks for your response .Nando33

0 Ratings