cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

I do not want Digital Voice

Hi, could someone advise me, please? I have upgraded my broadband contract, but there was no option to do not have Digital Voice as well. I don't use my landline, I don't need the Alexa device and an engineer to come and set it up, but how to quickly cancel that part only of the service? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: I do not want Digital Voice

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

You should have ordered Broadband without a landline.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/broadband-without-landline

You need to call 0800.800.150 to see if the order can be changed.

Message 4 of 5

We didn't want it either but it came automatically, there was no option at the time when we moved to have BB without a phone line so we just accepted it even though it took five weeks for them to provision it.

They come up with offers all the time and we can have a new contract with or without DV but the prices are the same with or without, but why pay them for a home phone calls if you have a mobile.

Just let them waste their equipment and time and leave the phone in the box, you'll only get scammers calling on it after a few weeks anyway they are the only ones we get.

Message 5 of 5

You are confusing a landline with a landline phone package. You require a landline of some description whether it is copper line or fibre. 

If you order a package without a landline it only means you do not have a landline phone package. 

The result of this is you only save money if you don't want a phone, the cost of which would be added to your broadband package, not money taken off your broadband package if you don't want a phone package.