cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Importing contacts from BT hub

Hi

When I try to import my contacts from the BT hub the file I get only has just one (the first alphabetically) contact in it. Can anyone help?

Whilst writing, my Digital Voice handsets are all named but periodically the names simply disappear and the handset names  revert back to "Handset1", "Handset 2", etc. This is really annoying - does anyone know why this happens and can it be prevented?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Importing contacts from BT hub

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Mickypd   Where did you export them from and have you checked the file for multiple contacts and correctly formatted? I cannot help you with the names, I always leave them at default. I import over a hundred contacts at a time so I suspect it is your file.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for the reply.

Basically I just clicked relevant box on the hub page where it downloads a file, open up the downloaded file and get just one contact page (one person). I've looked everywhere to try and find others with no success. I would have thought it would download in the correct format but I have no idea how to check or change format, etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Where are you exporting your contacts from mobile, outlook etc.

what method are you using to import to the SH2?

Once the contacts are on the SH2 there is no need to import them to the phone they will just be there

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I'm trying to import from the BT hub II'd manually input them all onto the phone, one by one, after which they transfer tro the hub apparantly) , onto a file that I can save on my PC so as to be able to download them back onto the hub in the case of any future loss of data from the hub. This is why the hub offers a "download" facility.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Mickypd   

The [Export] button will download ALL your contacts into a single file. However depending on what you use to view the file it may only show the first contact card. If you open it up with a text editor like Notepad you will see all of your contacts in the file.

9AF900E2-2024-40B8-AF4F-9D2A1DA7B750.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Many thanks, I'll try that. My only question is - if I were to lose the data from the hub, how would I re-load it again from the "saved" file if it is saved in a different format (i.e. the notepad)?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Mickypd   

Opening a file with Notepad does not change the format. You will be simply viewing the file, not changing it. The export format .vcf is simply a special text file laid out in the vcf format.

The contents of Contact.vcf:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
FN:Forename1 Surname1
N:Surname1;Forename1;;;
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=home:tel:01234567890
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=cell:tel:07012345678
MEDLODY:0
ACCOUNTID:0
DFTNUM:0
OWN:0
END:VCARD
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
FN:Forename2 Surname2
N:Surname2;Forename2;;;
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=home:tel:01234567891
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=cell:tel:07012345679
MEDLODY:0
ACCOUNTID:0
DFTNUM:0
OWN:0
END:VCARD
Repeated for each contact

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

to reload it again. You press the import button and select the file you downloaded

0 Ratings