cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Landline Voicemail - 1571

Go to solution

I am changing from Sky to BT for broadband and landline. 
I am finding it difficult to establish if voicemail is provided for the landline. Everything on the BT website seems to relate to Digital Voice and, unfortunately, I am not being offered this. 
So, is the 1571 facility available for non-digital phone lines?  
Your advice will be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Landline Voicemail - 1571

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, the basic service is free with a charge for the enhanced version.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your prompt reply to my query.  

I didn’t want to buy an answering machine only for it to be redundant when digital technology eventually finds its way to the far southwest of England!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I have now had my landline and broadband connected. Unfortunately, voicemail is not provided without a charge.  I believe that will be the case when there is the digital switchover, but at the moment whilst there are still PSTN connections it is pay up or buy an answerphone.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

1571 is free whichever type of connection you have.  you can hear your messages but there will be a cost if you then try and connect while using 1571.  there is another similar post on the forum recently where customer was charged 35p but that was because they returned a call while using 1571

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I think there may be some confusion , 1471 , is last number called , if it’s not withheld,  with the option to return the call at a cost , 1571 voicemail including call protect is a paid for answer service , I have a BT cordless phone/ answer machine , the ‘voice’ is actually the same persons voice BT uses in its network announcements , when 1571 stopped being ‘free’ a few years ago , I started using the built in answer machine with the cordless phone. 
https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-bt-answer-1571-voicemail

0 Ratings